My name is Francesca, and I am a yoga and meditation teacher based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I specialize in public and private instruction for people seeking yoga that’s nourishing, easeful, and empowering.
I was brought up by yogis, and have spent my whole life studying and practicing yoga and meditation. Inspired by my teachers and ongoing explorations, my mission is to share natural movement and meditation practices that cultivate deep trust, respect, and friendship with ourselves. I aspire to offer a space in which we can heal and nourish our bodies and free our minds from striving, self-aversion, and rigidity. To teach practices and perspectives that are down-to-earth and supportive of our whole lives. To provide permission to abandon self-improvement, and embrace self-compassion. To share myself, as best as I’m able, with honesty and integrity, thereby fostering a place of authentic connection and belonging.
I’d love to assist you in your yoga-meets-life adventures. “Like” my Facebook page to stay updated about my classes and workshops, and email with any questions you might have. I look forward to meeting you!
Francesca Gobeille is a second-generation yoga teacher, and has been immersed in Eastern philosophy and spiritual practice since birth. She specializes in mindfulness-based yoga and meditation, influenced by current training in the Alexander Technique, and has taught yoga in New York City, San Francisco, and Amsterdam. She loves to incorporate qigong, aromatherapy, atmospheric music, and Buddhist teachings into her classes.
Her teaching certifications and studies include:
– 200-hour certification, Integral Yoga Institute in New York City
– Therapeutic (Restorative) Yoga certification, Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peal
– Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation certification, Sarah Powers
– 500-hour certification in Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation, Spirit Rock Meditation Center
– 1600+ hour Alexander Technique teacher training (current), Alexander Technique Centre Amsterdam, to be completed 2019
– Qigong for Yoga Teachers Immersion with Mimi Kuo-Deemer
Francesca’s writing has been featured in Common Ground Magazine and the Integral Yoga Teachers Association Newsletter.